Sunday, February 14, 2010

Singles Awareness Day

I haven't made a post in over a week!?! It's shocking. Why the long intermission? Well, it was the week before our SECOND reading week. Obviously that meant my time, like I'm sure it has been for most of you, was full of due dates and hang-outs with people I wouldn't be seeing for a week. Now reading week take 2 (what a great aspect of going to Nipissing, getting 2 of these interludes!)!

Today is Valentines Day. Or, as one of my friends phrased it, "Singles Awareness Day." Now, I may be single, but I have had two love affairs today. TWO! Get ready, this post is about to get hot and scandalous! Love affair #1 = the Olympics. That's right. All day I've been watching my fellow Canadians (who are obviously much more athletic than I will ever even dream of being) competing with some winning medals. [By the way, did you know that moguls skiers have 50% larger quad muscles than the regular person? 50%!!].

Now, that lead up may have been slightly disappointing. I was leading you to believe I was having some kind of romantic involvement with someone. WELL! This second one won't disappoint, just like he hasn't disappointed me all day. I won't keep you on the edge of your seat. It's David Copperfield. Oh yeah. He's quite the intriguing man. He got pretty jealous when I was watching the speed skaters, I have to say. He kept calling back to me from his 1000 page journal so I would return to him.

Speaking of which, I think I can hear him calling me now, away from this computer.
Am I a dork? Do I actually read on reading week? You know it. Alayna owt. 

2 comments:

  1. yeah, that was tottttttally me who dubbed it singles awareness day :)
    allll the single ladies, now put your hands up whoaa oh oh
    (beyonce, obv)

    ReplyDelete