Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jogging Dorks

The sun is starting to shine, the snow is starting to melt, the sidewalks are starting to dry, people are venturing out doors without tuques (which I just found out is spelt with a u. I thought it was an o, but apparently that's the French spelling. Go figure!), and the snot doesn't freeze in my nose the instant I step out my door. You know what that means, JOGGING SEASON!

Today I went to No Frills (It's Dollar Daze. Whoever thought of that was a genius. I'm gluten and lactose intolerant and I still have deals to grab up!). On the way there and back I came across 3 joggers, and I only live 10 minutes away! It starts with two or three and the next thing you know there's four!

Now, I'm not against joggers! Oh no, I'm all for it. I actually used to be a jogger myself and then, to put it bluntly, I got lazy. When there's no snow on the ground, there's an elderly group that jogs by here. I'm sure any of them could kick my bum if I tried to race them. I applaud them, but feel guilty that I am not joining them.

Maybe I will join a speed walking class. That will probably be more at my speed these days. Or maybe I'll wait until the slush is gone ...

(On a sidenote, today we won gold in hockey. I knew this the instant it happened but I don't have cable and my internet was too choppy to watch it. How did I know? The yelling of my neighbours on both sides of me yelling at the top of their lungs. Fantastic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment