Wednesday, March 31, 2010

90s Fashion Dorks

Over the past 2 days I have made some interesting fashion observations, which I care to share.


1. Yesterday I saw a young woman wearing Duckies. Yes, Duckies. For those of you who don't remember, these were a staple in my childhood -- a form of ankle-height rubber boots, usually with "laces," which were included more to make them seem semi-fashionable than to serve any functional purpose.

2. This morning I witnessed a man walking through the Nipissing halls donning black leather pants.

3. While traveling on the bus I saw a woman wearing glasses with large circular rims.


Out of context, these observations most likely seem like fashion "faux-pas." However, each of these people impressed me. They pulled it off. That's saying something, especially with the Duckies. It makes me wonder if the 90s are coming back because of all these witnessed revivals in such a short period of time. However, if much more of 90s fashion does return, I might be psychologically damaged. Case in point: As I was writing this, a woman came to the computer beside me with the Spice Girls blasting out of her headphones.

3 comments:

  1. Spice up your life <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll spice it up ... through other means ... maybe with food ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had a pair of duckies :( but i friggin love the 90s!

    ReplyDelete