Monday, March 22, 2010

Geek Gossip

In general, I like to avoid gossip. However, the library being a facet of dork culture, I cannot ignore the whispers in the halls concerning our "Learning Library." For one reason or another (I have heard multiple theories so will at least avoid spreading this portion of potential falsehood), Nipissing currently, and unofficially, plans on calling the new library the Harris library. As in Mike Harris. Now, I do not want to spend this blog bashing politicians, but does Nipissing not see the irony in this proposal?

On a related note. The library is totally the place to be right now. I suddenly feel popular from just sitting in the lounge by myself, just because so many other people feel the desire to be here! I will associate myself with them through proximity and claim to be popular as well.

2 comments:

  1. I have an update to satisfy some curiosity, including my own!
    Apparently there is some connection. Mike Harris is not, as we all think, a complete random! Apparently was born in Toronto but was raised in North Bay, and he was a graduate of Nipissing's Education Department! So! Perhaps he is more dorky-geeky Nipissing appropriate than we thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in "The Star."
    http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/784999--is-a-mike-harris-library-a-silly-idea?bn=1

    ReplyDelete