Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blogger Dork

I am going to be out of the ordinary and make a brief comment on my fellow blogger's blog (Kelly :)). Way back before reading week, we both had the notion of writing a blog on the library, considering this is the one place where both of us happen to meet each other and we are both library dorks. I refrained, because being a dork I had already mentioned the library and didn't want to get TOO redundant. Kelly wrote a good post, I enjoyed it. She wrote another today, about plaid shirts. I would like to say, for the record, I am a genuine plaid shirt wearer. That's right. Farmer, born and raised. I actually told my roommate the other day that I liked plaid before it was popular, but when I wore it in elementary school it wasn't quite as in fashion as it is now. I was called a geek/dork for it actually ... proof (not Cretien style) that the definition of geeks/dorks is being redefined! Embrace your inner dork! It's becoming popular! I also liked The Beatles before they came back ... I must be a trend setter. Cue the paparazzi and fan club!

2 comments:

  1. I also read Kellys blog and am confused what kind of plaid wearer i am. According to the criteria i dont fit under the "genuine plaid shirt wearer" but I am from a very rural area in Nova Scotia where it is encouraged to wear your family tartan which i have been for years(mine being a very traditional blue/yellow plaid). This is what started my love affair with plaid, does that make me an 'other' plaid wearer?

    What would you say oh dorky one?
    <3 Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Go farm girls! Aly, I will edit my blog right now to include scotsmen/women! Good catch. That was silly of me ...
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete